Ready to make an impact?
We develop, manufacture and supply dental implants, clear aligners, instruments, CADCAM prosthetics and biomaterials for use in esthetic dentistry, tooth replacement and restoration solutions or to prevent tooth loss.
We empower our employees to perform and make an impact, to question the status quo, to drive change, to stay ahead of the competition. From the first Dental Implant in 1974 to the latest Digital Solution – we do things differently than others
We deliver innovation based on evidence. This is part of our employer culture as well as an exceptional team spirit that truly encourages diversity and a powerful “can-do” attitude.
#WeChangeDentistry every day. Be part of it.
The primary responsibility of a Territory Manager is to meet or exceed Straumann’s sales objectives for all Straumann products by developing profitable relationships with targeted dental practices and the dental community at large. The Territory Manager is responsible for increasing sales and customer satisfaction within an assigned geographic area. This requires an ability to build relationships with customers, proactively identify the solutions they need, and think commercially.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Drive profitable sales growth and maximize sales revenue within a defined territory by developing, maintaining, and advancing existing accounts and prospects through the sale of Implant, Regenerative and Restorative product lines.
- Create an unparalleled customer experience by acting as a strategic business partner to existing customers within the defined territory by focusing on customers’ growth goals and how Straumann can help them achieve these goals.
- Achieve new business targets by proactively identifying, targeting and converting prospect accounts and new business with dentists and oral surgeons in the defined territory.
- Prepare and maintain territory business plans, sales forecasts and a sales promotion activity budget. Assess current performance and forecast when change is necessary.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing and Market Communications to support the execution of all marketing launch plans and new product sales objectives.
- Ensure referral network is regularly managed and develop referral networks for non-active GP’s
- Attend and represent Straumann at customer events as required, including but not limited to regional events and national trade shows.
- Effectively and efficiently leverage education events to develop existing customers, build brand loyalty and gain new customers. Develop Study Clubs within the territory, actively participate, ensure Straumann presentation is rolled out in study club, and develop customer relationships with existing and new participants.
- Keep abreast of key clinical studies and scientific papers supporting Straumann’s product benefits.
- Regular use of all sales tools, such as SAP CRM, to effectively plan and measure sales activities against territory’s current customer base and prospective customers. Routinely run reports to align trends, customer needs, and opportunities with territory business strategy. All employees with customer facing interactions are required to log quality activities with every Straumann customer and prospect.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 3-5 years of sales experience in high growth corporate markets
- Medical Device Industry experience strongly preferred.
- Prior sales experience with Physicians as the principal point of contact preferred.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to present and negotiate are desired.
- Strong oral and written communications, including presentation skills, are required.
- Capable of working both collaborative with team members within the region as well as independently.
- Confident in using different insights and adapts selling approach based on customers’ needs and situation.
- Maintains integrity, high ethics and professional codes of conduct at all times.
- Able to deliver highly complex information in clear, structured and compelling manner.
- Proficiency in consultative selling with knowledge of the Challenger technique or related method preferred.
- General computer efficiency including ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- You must possess a valid driver's license, safe driving record, and maintain auto insurance coverage.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Frequent travel (including overnight travel) is required and will vary depending upon the specific territory.
What can you expect from us?
- An agile and ambitious environment: We are #ChangeMakers.
- Open, friendly colleagues who #collaborate and #support each other:
We are #Players+Learners.
- The #freedom to #create and #engage: You can leave your #FootprintInDentistry.
- An employer who invests in our #inspiring corporate #culture.
- The #opportunity to develop yourself as a person and in your #career. We #grow.
- #Attractive workplaces at great locations - We are a #GlobalPlayer.
- A good salary and many other cool #benefits (depending on location).
- To work for the No. 1 in #Dentistry and one of the leading #MedTech companies.
and many other things more!
What do people say about us as an employer?
See reviews on Indeed - Glassdoor
Stay tuned and connect with us!
@straumannjobs at LinkedIn - Xing - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Quora
Please understand that we do not need external support by recruiting agencies and consultants to fill this vacancy. Thank you for respecting this.
Straumann Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.